 Robotics / Handy Board / 4885
Re: Two way audio -Reply
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 19:50:35 GMT

I would be interested in any schematics you would be willing to give up,
maybe even a little theory behind operation.  I must admit I am lacking
quite a bit in the communications area.

Thanks,
Joe Hoffmann
E-Mail jhoffman@it.sait.ab.ca

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 michaelj@wt.net wrote:

A couple of years ago I built a small FM transmitter that had a small microphone
on it. I could hear whispers in the room next door when I turned it on and tuned
in a small transister radio to its frequency. This may be an option.

Mike

That's a hard one because you have to have sufficient gain from the
robot microphone to hear someone 2 to 8 foot from the microphone.

Usually communication equipment limits their microphone gain on purpose
to exclude background noise.  You have to talk directly into the
microphone in most cases.

When you find a solution, please post it on the handy board mail list
will you?

James Dunn

"mar@cooper.edu" 12/03/98 09:38pm >>>
Hi,

We are trying to transmit our voices to our remote robot to create the
impression that the robot is talking.
In addition, we want to be able to hear what the robot hears.

Does anyone know any products that we can attach to our robot that will
enable something like this?

Thanks for any input.  :)

ericson mar Robotics Consultant
mar@cooper.edu
(212)353-4356

Department of Mechanical Engineering The Cooper Union for the
Advancement of Science and Art