 Robotics / Handy Board / 4874
    Two way audio -Reply
   How 'bout a cheap pair of voice activated walkie talkies?? (...) Hi, We are trying to transmit our voices to our remote robot to create the impression that the robot is talking. In addition, we want to be able to hear what the robot hears. Does (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Two way audio -Reply
     That's a hard one because you have to have sufficient gain from the robot microphone to hear someone 2 to 8 foot from the microphone. Usually communication equipment limits their microphone gain on purpose to exclude background noise. You have to (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: Two way audio -Reply —Tom Brusehaver
     (...) How about those teenie weenie FM radio microphones that they advertise "you can hear a wisper from 14feet away". Usually in "Electronics Now" and other magazines. (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Two way audio -Reply —?
   Yes, we have not only considered that idea, we have acted upon it. I guess the more operative question would have been: Is there a more efficient method of communication other than the wakie talkies? (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Two way audio -Reply —Phil
   (...) CB radio's, Buisness radio (license needed), amateur radio (license needed, again), family radio (no license), etc. --phil (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)