 Robotics / Handy Board / 4818
    Choosing a shaft encoder? —Lewis Patterson
   As a neophyte robot builder and HandBoard user, may I ask for help in choosing the best shaft encoder? What vendor/supplier should I use? The current project is a very simple robot with a goal of accurate navigation. Thanks! (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Choosing a shaft encoder? —Will
   (...) I've had good results using the Hall-effect magnetic sensors that Patrick Hui sent with my HandyBoard. I glued magnets into three of the six holes in a Lego pulley wheel and glued the sensor into a small Lego brick. I don't know the part (...) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)