 Robotics / Handy Board / 4791
4790  |  4792
Subject:
Intermittend IC floating point divide problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:31:56 GMT

Dear Richard and Javaid,

I have assigned a programmer to track down the floating point divide
problem, and will keep you posted on its resolution.  We believe it is a
problem with the floating point library that is assembled into the pcode,
so it is likely we should be able to release a new version of the pcode
with a fix to the problem.

-- Randy

Thankyou for your kind response to my student Javaid Iqbal on errors in
using floating point divide within IC software.  The errors have
effectively brought our use to a full stop at present because we cannot
rely on results nor bypass what has become a random occurance of the
error.  Would you know of anybody who can fix the bug or a different
software environment to use?

Kind regards

Richard Willgoss
UNSW, Sydney, Australia

Randy Sargent                        Newton Research Labs
President                            Robotic Systems and Software
rsargent@newtonlabs.com              http://www.newtonlabs.com/