 Robotics / Handy Board / 478
Re: Yup, it works.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 00:48:45 GMT

I didn't have any problems with the LED's - mine came with a short lead
and that always went into the square pad.  I imagine I missed the C15 and
C16 errors (tantalum vs electrolytic)  because I bought a kit and just
took the parts out of the packages of parts.

However, I am stuck now at the serial line and stop switch segment of the
HB production.  Everything was okay up till this stage - all the tests
worked.  And this test worked too (stop functions right and 1st stage of
downloading worked) - except that i noticed a flickering of
the PWR LED when I re-did the test.  It seems that every now and then, the
PWR LED flickers - I'd say maybe 4 out of 10 times that the HB is turned
on.  And maybe 1 of the 4 times it's on, the BATT light will flash a
couple of times as well.  Even rarer, is that the PWR light will die out
completely.  But the voltage on the LCD display GND and +5
are pretty solid at 5.07 during all this flashing.  This happens when I
use the phone cable off the IC and when using the adapter directly to the
HB.

I've gone over solder joints as I saw this was a recommendation in the
archive of this list, but that hasn't solved much.

any other suggestions?

cris.