 Robotics / Handy Board / 4753
  Other batteries...

Is it ok to use batteries of the sealed lead-acid type (from a UPS). I have V 7.5 Ah and I was wondering if the battery charge circuts would work correctly if I simply replaced the NiCd pack with the lead-acid battery. Are there any considerations (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Other batteries...

A gell cell battery is charged via a maximum allowed charging voltage. If the charger doesn't limit the charging voltage to less than 14 volts it will shorten the life of a 12v gell cell considerably. A Ni-Cad uses a constant charging current, but (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)