 Robotics / Handy Board / 4725
Re: Request for Books on Robotics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:18:24 GMT

Mobile Robots: From Inspiration to Implementation by  Joseph L. Jones,
Anita M. Flynn;

As its title suggests, this book convers everything you need to know
to build a mobile robot. They discuss the design of their brain (a
MC68HC11 design that looks similar to the HandyBoard and 6.270 board,
yet is packed with sensors as oppossed to having connectors where you
roll your own like the handyBoard, this doesn't mean there are no
expansion capabilities, but it is designed to be fully stocked). It
also runs Interactive C.
  I strongly reccommend this book. It gave me a great introduction to
mobile robots and I often find myself referring to it while I play
with my HandyBoard.
Cheers,
  Chris Prosser

---Rachel <rarens@smith.edu> wrote:

Could people please recomend some books about lego robots, using the • handyboard
or other controllers, or more general textbooks on the topic of • educational
robots?
Thank you,

Rachel Arens