 Robotics / Handy Board / 4724
4723  |  4725
Subject:
correct procedure when downloading pcode_hb.s19
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:48:24 GMT

hi
I am at present building a handyboard from Fred's assembly manual,
however it appears I might have a problem.

I have connected the serial interface board to the handyboard. The hb is
placed into bootstrap mode by holding down the stop button. The LCD
screen has one line of blocks displayed. The power plug pack is
connected to the s/i board to power the whole show.

I am using win95 (an early version) and hence use hbdl.

I download pcode_hb.s19 and a window appears telling me the monitor
program is downloading. Whilst this is happening the SER led on the S/I
board flashes and the PWR led on the handyboard flashes as well.

At the end of the monitor download program the yellow LED15Y led flashes
and the program download starts. Whilst this is happening again the SER
led flashes, however the PWR led remains on (no flashes).

At the end of the program download, nothing has changed on the LDC
screen, ie still a row of blocks. I switch off the power switch on the
handyboard and turn on the power switch to reset the board expecting to
see a prompt on the LCD screen. Alas still the same line of blocks on
the LCD screen greets me.

I am using the handyboard software downloaded from MIT.

Is this what is meant to happen or can anyone suggest the next step?

thanks in advance
steve treagust
adelaide - australia