 Robotics / Handy Board / 4682
RE: Some Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 20:12:33 GMT

Drew,

I just got through finding all of the stuff during the last 2 weeks:

B.G. Micro has the 68HC11 and the 32K static (great prices, too).

Newark has the Dallas Semi voltage monitor and the TI motor drivers ($20
minimum order). One other option that I didn't look into is that Dallas Semi
has a direct sales option on their web page for very small quantities. I
have no idea how cost effective this is, but it may be worth while looking
into if the Dallas Semi part is the only one you need from Newark.

Shack has a 40KHz IR detector. Looks like different pinout, but I plan to
mount on a cable, and it beats the minimum quantity 50 that Marshall is
showing for the Sharp part.

I substituted the Rohm 2065 LCD display (from Mouser) for the elusive
Hitachi part.

Mouser and Digikey have everything else, although some part numbers have
changed, and you may have to substitute equivalent parts for some
discontinued parts.

Jameco may have better prices, but I lost patience with their web interface.

Have fun!

Dave