 Robotics / Handy Board / 4667
4666  |  4668
Subject:
DS1233 Problem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 23:49:33 GMT

Hello, all:

    I am having problems downloading the pcode_hb.s19 file. Here's the
symptoms...

    My HB passed all of the construction tests as outlined in the manual,
including the DS1233 power monitor. The HB goes into bootstrap mode no
problem, but the download seems to barf just after the monitor download.

    When I download the s19 file for the first time (during Chapter 5), the
HBDL program (the Win95 downloader) downloads the monitor successfully, and
if you watch the lights on the HB, the PWR LED will flicker as the D/L
occurs. IIRC, that's normal. However, just after HBDL finishes the monitor
download, the BATT light comes on. I then get the error "Error at address
0x0000". Does this mean that the board reset and is now out of bootstrap
mode?

    I tried two different adapters and the same thing happened. One is a
12v/500mA DC adapter from Radio Shack and the other is a 12v/1000mA AC
adapter. Both were plugged into the serial interface board. I checked the
voltage level of the 5v rail during the download -- rock solid at 5.00v.

    If the 1233 is bad or marginal, does anyone have a spare that I can buy?

Rich Cini/WUGNET
  - ClubWin!/CW7
  - MCP Windows 95/Windows Networking
  - Collector of "classic" computers