 Robotics / Handy Board / 4653
Re: DC motor voltage source
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:03:52 GMT

Philip:
     I depends on how many motor driver ports you want to have on the new
voltage.  If you have just two motors, then lifting (and wirewrapping) pin 8
for one chip whould be enough.  The motor outputs affected are nearest to the
chip modified.  I noticed in your previous note that you are having some
trouble finding the trace, so lifting the pin would be the most reliable.
Also if you need more drive current, you can "piggy back" the 293 chips.  Just
lay one chip on top of the existing one and solder pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to
pin 2,...  You can get more 293s from Wirz electronics (www.wirs.com).

Pherd

<<hi Pherd,
Is it Have to lift up both the L293 chips and supply power to both L293 ?
Or is it scratch both the trace to L293 ? Thank for your infor .>>