 Robotics / Handy Board / 4623
    IR Detection —Rajbala Makar
   Hi Everyone: I am trying out the infra red emission and detection with the Handy Board. I have succeeded in the emission part but the detection circuit is not working. I know that the emitter LED is fine , with the help of Radio Shack Infrared (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: IR Detection —William Bain
   (...) The Sharp IR detector is designed to respond only to modulated IR signals. The card from Radio Shack will indicate whether the LED is illuminated, but it won't tell you whether it's modulated at the proper frequency. Perhaps that could be the (...) (26 years ago, 30-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: IR Detection —Rajbala Makar
   (...) Hi Will: What you say might be the reason for my problem hence I bought a matched IR emitter and detector pair from Radio Shack and tried the same thing. Here again, the emitter is sending the signal but the detector is not able to see it. I (...) (26 years ago, 30-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: IR Detection —Max Davies
   Transmission and reception of IR data is quite different from using IR just to bounce it off obstacles to detect their presence. To exchange data with IR you will almost certainly have to use interrupt driven assembler code which can be very (...) (26 years ago, 30-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)