 Robotics / Handy Board / 4590
4589  |  4591
Subject:
Generic Battery Question:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 05:17:24 GMT

Howdy folks-

I've got a quick question for  anyone out there have any experience with power
distribution systems using multiple batteries...

If I have say six [more or less identical] batteries... am I better off to run
them all at once (in whatever config I need) or to only switch on the ones I
need at the moment? In other words, let's say I need 12 volts for several hours
and each battery can supply an amp-hour.. is it better to run all the batteries
in parallel at the same time and let them run down together, or to first switch
one on then the next and so on as required? Is there a practical advantage to
either method (other than the obvious one of accidental power drain in one
battery not draining them all)? Are there any good references on power
distribution I should look at???

Thanks for any insight you all can offer!

John Whitten
brat@naxs.com

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: