 Robotics / Handy Board / 459
Re: Fuse on motor power cables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 24 May 1996 10:55:36 GMT

My current robot platform is a hacked toy and does not have ideal
motors.  I am concerned about toasting my motor driver chips.

Can I put a polyswitch fuse in series in the motor lines to protect
against this?  They don't seem to be polarity devices...

All system power, incl. motor pwr, already runs through the existing
polyswitch.

They're not too fast, so I'm not sure if they'll save you.  the motor
chips do have over-current protection of their own, though it has been
known to fail from time to time.

-Fred