 Robotics / Handy Board / 4562
Re: data capture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 13:38:55 GMT

Justin,

I didn't see anyone reply to your RS232 Question.

ALthough I am a newbie to the Handyboard, I have been doing RS232 programming
off and on for years.  My conclusion is that there have been MANY null modem
configurations...but, they seem to be standardizing now.  And, it will often
depend upon your terminal program as to how it needs to be set up.

The easiest way is to purchase a 'Null Modem Adapter' from your local
PC/Electronics shop.  These usually have all the pins jumped which need
jumping.

Basically, they switch the send and receive lines, and I've seen them hardwire
the CTS.  I've done searches on the net and found several wiring diagrams.

If you still need help, drop me a note and I'll see what I can dig up in my
old notes.

Gerald.