 Robotics / Handy Board / 452
451  |  453
Subject:
PC serial connection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 19:40:07 GMT

Hi.  I just got my hands on a new HB and I'm using a 100 MHZ DX PC.

Hardware-wise, there's a perfect slot for the serial connection on my
computer, which is not occupied.  I hookes the serial connection to it
and tried to download IC using COM port 4 which is the only free port I
have.  I received an error message saying that either the port was wrong
or the HB was in the wrong mode (and I'm sure it wasn't), so I'm guessing
COM port 4 doesn't relate to the open slot on my machine (I have a few
other ones which do not have the right pin number).

Fred suggested I look back at some of the list's archive stuff and I did
find three messages concerning the same problem.  The thing is I have no
clue on how to setup my COM port so that the correct slot uses it and the
right IRQ as well.   I have no documentation for the PC, and I've
extinguished any bright ideas I could come up with.

I need help with linking the port and the slot... Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Yoni Garbourg

<<  To succeed, Atificial Intelligence needs
1.7 Einsteins, two Maxwells, five Faradays,
and .3 Manhattan Projects."  >>

-John McCarthy

WHATTTTTTTT?!?###@!*!