 Robotics / Handy Board / 4515
Re: Mailing List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 02:21:13 GMT

I used to work at AOL technical support, I would be very much interested if
you could figure out how to use AOL as a POP3, AOL is NOT a POP3 server.
AOL is very proprietery, one of the many reasons (and doesn't support DUN -
dial-up networking) that AOL isn't very good.  One thing that you can do,
which is still very unacceptable, is to go to www.aol.com and follow the
links for AOL Netmail, you can use this rather pathetic feature to check
your mail w/o having your AOL software loaded on the machine.  This BTW
doesn't support NT 4.0.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil <phil@netwurx.net>
To: brett anthony <anthonyb@ecs.csus.edu>; handyboard@media.mit.edu
<handyboard@media.mit.edu>
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 1998 11:02 PM

I would prefer to keeep the present system.  Eudora Light (freeware) also
allows you to categorize the messages.  I realize that people who are • stuck
with the AOL mail client don't have that luxury.
Ja, but AOL mail is a POP account, meaning that they can check it using
Eudora Light, Outlook Express, etc.

--phil