 Robotics / Handy Board / 4477
4476  |  4478
Subject:
HELP !!! Please...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:43:12 GMT

Hi Everybody,

Sorry for bugging you all, but I'm desperate for some help...

My graphics Display preferences got messed up, and reinstalling the graphics
card driver is not fixing it...

Last night I downloaded and unzipped http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/Proj
ects/hb/software/ic2853r2.zip , but while I was reading the Readme.ic file, I
saw the mention to the *.pif files, which prompt me to investigate the
contents of one of those *.pif files...

So, I selected c:\ic\ic.pif, "right button clicked" it, selected "Open
with...", selected "Notepad", and this is what happened next...

After selecting "Notepad" (for opening the file), and hitting enter, I got a
black screen with something like a square white box (almost like a cursor, bit
bigger, and "not blinking") on the top left corner of my screen... After that
I tried "exit", but nothing happend (same black screen)... Did it again, and
nothing... Hit "Esc, and nothing... Pressed "Ctrl+Alt+Del", and nothing too...
Did it a few more times and still nothing... So I had to reset the machine...

After it came up, the standard windows graphics driver was installed... I
tried to reconfigure, then reinstalling (from disk, and later dowloading a new
driver from Number 9's web site) the correct driver for my graphics card, but
somehow, windows keep using it's standard driver, and it's 640x480
resolution...

The mentioned machine is a dual processor motherboard running one Pentium Pro
200, with 128 Mb RAM, and an "Imagine 128 Series 2" graphics card from
"Numbber 9". The OS is NT Server 4.0 with service pack 3. Please let me know
if you need any extra system info...

Does anyone have any clue on what happened ? Does anybody know how to fix the
problem ?

Any help will be greatly appreciatted...

Thank you in advance,

Andre Philippi.

Andre Philippi - Applications Developer   | Phone: 626-296-5016
philippi@corp.earthlink.net               | Fax:   626-296-5113
Earthlink Network, Inc.                   | 3100 New York Drive
http://www.earthlink.net                  | Pasadena, CA  91107