 Robotics / Handy Board / 4461
4460  |  4462
Subject:
Replaced switch problem...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 17:44:35 GMT

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are happy with each and every of your HANDYBOARDS, because
I am not.

I have just solved my RESET problem by changing the "tri-state bus
controller" 74hc244 chip, I can RESET my HB by switching it off first, then
on. This could be useful for those having the same problem as mine. And a
special thanks to Maz Rahm for his contribution.

After the above problem solved, I decided to change the switches of the HB
to the ones I bought from electronic stores. The start and stop switch were
replaced by a normally-open switch, but alot bigger compared to the one
originally used.

When the soldering of the switches were complete, I decided to check for
faults. When I switched it on, everything was OK...but when I wanted to get
to the bootstrap mode, I couldn't. Is it because of the new, bigger
switches. Please help. I have checked for anything that might possibly be
wrong, but to no avail. Can anyone help me...any suggestions would be
GREATLY appreciated.

Thousands of Thanks,
Syah
SYAH