 Robotics / Handy Board / 4430
4429  |  4431
Subject:
Down loading IC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 08:50:00 GMT

Help please,

I have just bought a pre-assembled Handy board, powered it up connected it
to com2 on a dos PC and successfully downloaded IC. The problem now is that
after that I disconnected all power to the board(including batteries),
powered the board up again after about 15 minutes and it will not download
IC. The error message is as follws:

Downloading 256 byte bootstrap (229 data)
Expected 141, received 91, after 60 chars received
Perhaps the board was not connected properly or not in download mode.
I have tried several times, each time making sure the board is in bootstrap
mode and it will not download at all.

Is it a problem with the machine serial port (I am specifying com2 in the
command line)?
or
Is it a problem with the on board components?

Any suggestions would be welcomed

Thanks in advance

Andy Burton