 Robotics / Handy Board / 4426
Re: My reset blues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 18:04:39 GMT

I had the same trouble with the reset thing.  In the manual it states
that resetting the board is simply turning the board on and off, this
should work.  I've had the same trouble you've had.  The thing that was
impeding me was the fact that I was using the WINDOWS based downloader
(to download the initial file called something like:  pc_hbr122.s19).  I
then used the DOS based downloader (DL.exe) and downloaded it with no
trouble and then used IC.exe, this works flawlessly.  You should be
using the DOs based DLer.

Hi all,

I have problems running my program after downloading it to my • HandyBoard.
After what Maz Rahm (thank you very much Maz Rahm) replied to Keith • (thanks
to you too Keith) that in order for the program with the main function • in
it, to run, I have to switch the Board off, then on.

Can I be assured that by switching the HandyBoard off, then on, that
procedure is called resetting?

If yes, why can't my program run after I did the procedure
above. Can it be that I missed something, for example:replacing any
switches. I have tried with typing a  "main();" in my Interactive C • window
and this worked. But I cannot have a computer attached to my HandyBoard • for
my project.

Could it be a problem within the HandyBoard itself? If it is, Fred, you • did
design the circuitry of the HandyBoard. Please advice. My project • dateline
is nearing, fast...

Thank You

SYAH