 Robotics / Handy Board / 4425
4424  |  4426
Subject:
Help with electronic components.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:56:45 GMT

Bonjour from france,

I am a french user of the handyboard. I work in computing but I don't
know many things about electronic (a minimum).
I bought my HB by Gleason Research with the "Sensor/Motor Kit" and I
first did a LEGO based robot.

I am now wondering to build a more "serious" robot and I need more
sensors.

Here are my questions :
- I can't find the QRB1114 or QRD1114 IR reflectors. Could you please
give me equivalent references I could use ?
- Which IR led should I use for the J7 connector ? I have a CQY89, is it
OK ?
- Is there a library such as the sony_lib (which works great with my
SONY TV remote) to control the IR emitter ?

Thank you for your help, and don't worry, I will come back with new
questions...

Au revoir.

Nicolas Champseix