 Robotics / Handy Board / 4392
Re: lcd screen pinouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 12:39:53 GMT

the LCD should work fine.

On the HB, pin 1 is on the top left, and pin 14 is on the top right.

Just hook them up in order and you're all set.

Fred

In your message you said:
Hi
I have purchased an lcd screen for the handyboard, however it's not the
ridji-dij lcd. The pinouts are as follows
pin   symbol   function
1       Vss         0v
2       Vdd        5v
3       Vo           contrast adjustment
4       RS          register select
5       R/W       read/write
6       E            enable signal
7       DB0       databit 0
8       DB1       databit 1
9       DB2       databit 2
10       DB3       databit 3
11       DB4       databit 4
12       DB5       databit 5
13       DB6       databit 6
14       DB7       databit 7

Is this usable? Are the pins in the correct order?
thanks in advance
steve treagust
adelaide
australia