 Robotics / Handy Board / 4285
4284  |  4286
Subject:
How do I limit current effectively?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 01:52:20 GMT

I have 2 large motors that draw about 2 amps. They are powered by a battery
that's 6v at 2amp. How can I limit the motors so that they can only draw 1/2
amp?????

I know on my first robot (ahh, fine memories of burning resistors), I just
made a bank of resistors, but that got extremely hot and melted the nearby
electrical tape and even softened the LEGO piece it was on. What method
would be better?

thanks!
phil
thehahns@netwurx.net