 Robotics / Handy Board / 426
425  |  427
Subject:
IC download errors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 18 May 1996 04:34:27 GMT

Today, IC 3.1 has decided it no longer wants to communicate with my
handy board.  It detects the board, I select the Handy Board .icd file, and
then it tries to download the default files to the board.  However, it
errors out on each retry, and gets itself into and endless loop.

The board works fine with my old 486, which runs the older version
of IC.  This means that there isn't a hardware problem, with the handy
board, at least.  I'd tend to think that it's IC's fault, since I really
doubt that my serial port has spontaneously combusted or something.

Also, the green PWR LED on the serial interface board blinks MUCH
more visibly than usual.  I'm guessing this is because the flow of data
through the port is at a much slower or more spuratic rate than it should
be.  The blinks are much slower, and the change in brightness is very
dramatic.  Normally, I can barely see it blink at all.

Any ideas?