 Robotics / Handy Board / 4193
    motor power problems —Raphael Carter
   Hi, everyone. I recently bought a preassembled handyboard from the Robot Store in Hong Kong, and I'm having trouble with motor power. My robot frame has two motors that can run at 3-4.5V. I was planning to use 5AA Nicads as a power supply for the (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jul-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: motor power problems —Fred G. Martin
   in short, the answer is: "you can't use 3 to 4v motors with the Handy Board." basically, these motors are cheap toy motors that are incredibly noisy from an electrical standpoint, plus they want to draw far more current than the Handy Board's motor (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jul-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)