 Robotics / Handy Board / 4002
RE: Walking robot - Related Topic
Newsgroups:
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:34:55 GMT

John Hatton

----------
From: Mike Davis[SMTP:ipscone@halcyon.com]
Sent: 17 June 1998 16:01
To: John Hatton
Cc: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: RE: Walking robot - Related Topic

Related Question.

I am working on a robot project with my daughter this summer.  I was
wondering how many walking robot kits there out there.  I would like a high
quality one that lends itself to further development.

Also, I have seen most of the robot chassis kits, I believe but have not seen
too
many track models.  Like the paragraph above I am looking for a relatively
high
quality (small, sturdy, reliable, repairable) one.

Anybody know of any?  Tracked preferred but wheeled is ok too.

An option is to build one but I have no clue where to get parts like tracks
(belts)
and gearing to match, gears, etc.  I have tried RC Hobbie shops but they are
very limited.