 Robotics / Handy Board / 4001
RE: System interupt problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:01:01 GMT

Tim,

I just scanned your code, so I might have missed it, but don't you have to
clear (or set) a flag in your interrupt routine to reenable the TOC4
interrupt?

  I'm pretty sure that since the Handy Board also uses TOC4 as its system
interrupt, that it takes care of clearing the interrupt.  My code just gets linked in
and gets executed before the Handy Board code (though I don't know what the
HB code does exactly).  Besides, it doesn't lock up the system -- it just gives
incorrect (but consistent) results.  Also, in the small example code in the Handy
Board manual, which uses this same interrupt to drive the beeper at 1000Hz, I
don't remember them clearing or setting any interrupts either. Is my assumption
wrong?
  I'm beginning to think that maybe its a problem with the decoder itself -- I may
just be reading it too fast.  I'll try to slow it down various ways today (even
though I've already tried that to some extent) to see if I can get around the
problem.  I may also try using different interrupts and see what happens.

  Thanks for the help.

Timothy B. Gold
goldt@et.byu.edu
Homepage:  http://www.et.byu.edu/~goldt