 Robotics / Handy Board / 3959
Re: config 0x0C
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:18:48 GMT

From:           Alf Kuchenbuch <alfk@eikon.tum.de>

Hi there,
I have used a 68HC11E1 with my HB for quite a while now and it works
fine with it. Now I replaced it with a 68HC11A1FN and it wouldn't let me
download the .s19 file with HBDL anymore. It stops when downloading the
program and says: Invalid Config reg (0x0D) Try again.
I did. I tried again. And failed. Then I wrote 0x0D instead 0x0C into
set config register and everything works fine now. IC runs fine and
everything (inputs etc.) appears to be working.
My questions:
Is it OK to run the board with 0x0D instead of 0x0C?
What exactly does this config register do? Does my HB work differntly
with the new setting?

Alf H. Kuchenbuch

The 0x0C value represents EEPROM OFF, ROM OFF.

A related question that I have is that I'm using the 811E2 and the hbdl program
will only work if I use 0xFF.  Which places EEPROM ON and at the upper
most locations.

Also, IC seems to work fine.  What will NOT work?  And what is the likelyhood
that IC will stop working?

Does anyone know of a workaround that will allow me to use IC and be able to
turn off the 811E2 EEPROM?   HBDL will only work with the 811E2 if I use FF
as the configuration register value.

I have been having problems finding the A1FN for some reason.  I have tried all
the likely sources and everyone seems to be back ordered.  I however have
many of the 811E2s and a couple of other EEPROM varities.
ipscone@halcyon.com                                 Shoot-To-Win!

Protect the 2nd Amendment!               Your rights may be next!