 Robotics / Handy Board / 3897
3896  |  3898
Subject:
Robotic Lawnmower List/DGPS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 17:28:51 GMT

Can someone give me the info on the robot lawnmower mailing list?  As I
recall they split off with their own list a while back, but I didn't
follow to the new list.

There are some developments in Differential GPS that they should probably
be made aware of. Because some of you might be interested as well, here's
a quick summary:

1) The government is planning on implementing DGPS transmitters across the
contiguous 48 states very soon.  We have coverage of most of Washington
and Oregon now.

2) There are some cheap DGPS receiver designs on the net that work well.
See my home pages at http://www.eskimo.com/~archer and click on the GPS
link.  Rich Heineck's design has been updated (although my link text may
not state so yet), and Jim Bixby has a new design out which looks nice as
well.

3) TAPR has a way to convert an OEM GPS unit into a completely functioning
corrections generator that would allow you to create your own DGPS
correction station (with potentially more accuracy than the US Coast Guard
setup).  I think their link is http://www.tapr.org

Anybody know if the lawnmower list is still going?  I would be interested
in what their progress has been.  Maybe archives are available (I know,
I'm asking for too much!).

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U