 Robotics / Handy Board / 3841
3840  |  3842
Subject:
E Series MCUs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 14:32:26 GMT

I am using an 811E2 part in my handyboard with IC.  It is supposed to
have problems with this chip.  I have not disabled the EEPROM but it
still seems to work.

I have been having a problem finding the A1FN part.  I do not want to
buy anymore of the 811E2 parts but I can find the E1FN part.  I would
like to ask a question to those who have experience with these
EEPROM parts.

I have been told that the 811E2 part will not work with IC because
the EEPROM overlaps the SRAM. So, why does mine work?  What kind of
problems can I expect by using this part?  The config reg. in this
part, apparently, gets reset back to the original location after
every reset.  I would like to move the EEPROM to some other location,
maybe 2000Hex to make my handyboard completely compatible.  How can I
do this if the config reg is continually reset?  What specific?

Assuming the E1 is a better part than the 811E2 for the
handyboard,...

How compatible is the E1FN (512 EEPROM) part with the handyboard?
What specifically is required to get it to work?
ipscone@halcyon.com                                 Shoot-To-Win!

Protect the 2nd Amendment!               Your rights may be next!