 Robotics / Handy Board / 3839
3838  |  3840
Subject:
Charging HB-PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 15:10:03 GMT

Hello.  I just got HB assembled and tested.  I do not have external NiCDs
connected, since I am going to be cutting the power lead and connecting an
alternative power source.  From what I understand there is an internal
battery that still needs to be charged.  When I plug DC adapter (12DC 400mA
center negative), to charger board, yellow light on chrger board lights up,
and then all red light on HB motor drivers light up, and LCD has upper row
of black squares, and then green "pow" lights up on HB as well (the one by
battery connectors).  Is that what is supposed to happen, or I am not even
supposed to be charging the board when external NiCDs are not connected?
Then, if I cut power lead to use external power pack, what is goingto drive
the board itself? Thank you for all your help
--
*         Arthur Tretyak            *