 Robotics / Handy Board / 3838
3837  |  3839
Subject:
Powering and charging handy board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 17:55:06 GMT

Hello.  Several questions.  What is the best way to charge the board?
Through charger board or to teh board directly.  Also, when i am chanrging
it, am I charging the internal battery or the external NiCD batteries?
Also, does the board have its own internal battery, or it is always getting
power from external NiCD or dc adapter.
I am using 12V DC adapter that supplies only 400mA, I hope that's OK.  Also,
when I try to hook up the adapter to the charger board, with handy board
atached in the off state and normal charge mode, without external NiCD
attached, the following occurs: all 4 red lights on motor drivers light up,
and so green power.  However, if I take out the lcd, then only one green
light on one motor driver lights up (along with green power).  Can anyone
give me a detailed procedure how to charge the internal battery of the
board, if I am not planing to use external NiCD at all.
Thank you
--
*         Arthur Tretyak            *