 Robotics / Handy Board / 3767
Re: LCD Addressing - & - Expanded Mode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 12:26:07 GMT

Wierd:

Anyway I have some kind of problem with the handyboard.  All steps up
to the testing of the LCD went fine.

When I plugged in the LCD and turned it on, it lights up (one line)
bright not dim.  I tried to download the pcode_hb.s19 with config set
to 0C.  It appeared to download but:

I did not get any sound AND the LCD does not change AND I get an
error stating, "Invalid CONFIG reg (0xFF) try again".  If I read this
error correctly, it is suggesting that the configuration reg could
not be changed.

I have checked the orientation and soldering of each chip and the
LCD connector.  All is fine.  I have also written a small ASSM test
program and verified that it downloads and executes.

I am using an equivelant LCD (DCM16249) listed on handyboard web.
I am using a 68HC811E2 but this should not be a problem since the
EEPROM is disabled.

Any clues as to what the problem might be?

Chuck,

You said you sent out some driver code (LCD I assume).  Is is an
assem driver?  Where is it?