 Robotics / Handy Board / 3684
Re: Help!! Polaroid problem!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 07:32:30 GMT

well....I might be the way you are powering the sensors ???
Maybe luck ????

:))))))

Actually I don't why you don't need any of those supporting parts.
A short question ...For what range are you using the sensors (are you using the
binh signal) ??

We never had any problems using the sensors with a range above 40 cm.  But as soon
as we tried to measure down
to 15 cm (using binh) we had false echo signals.
One strange thing to this story...about 15 month ago, when I first built an
interface to those sensors they worked just fine. Then suddenly after rebuilding
the interface (using bigger caps and a interfaceboard instead of a breadboard)
they didn't work anymore....I don't know anymore wether I also changed the
sensorboards or not.
So I ended up with the problem not to be able to use the sensors with binh.

After adding the caps as discribed in an earlier mail they just worked fine.
So if anyone can track those problems down to one cause please let mie know....

Thanks

Tom

Why does it seem like everyone except me needs a pullup resistor and
perhaps a capacitor somewhere to operate the Polaroid?  I've never had any
problems without any of these components.  ???

The first time I connected the sensor, it worked perfectly.
Maybe I my Handy Board happens to have better components?  :-/

ericson mar
Master of Engineering Candidate
Project: Mobile Robotics
mar@cooper.edu
(212)353-4356

Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art