 Robotics / Handy Board / 3611
Re: SPI?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 23:10:25 GMT

It is the Serial Periperal Interface
Handles Serial Data transmission out/in the 68HC11.

this is correct...

I.E.the Handy Board uses an SPI for downloading data from the
Desktop machine.

but this is not.  the Handy Board communicates with the desktop
computer using the SCI:  serial communications interface.

The SPI is for high speed (up to 1 megabaud) sychronous (i.e.,
separate clock signal) transfer to specialized peripherals.

Fred