 Robotics / Handy Board / 3601
    dc motor blues —Patrick Cutts
   After driving all my robots with step motors, I finally decided to try driving one with DC motors. I got a couple of the lego gearmotors, and mounted them on my robot with belts driving the wheels at a reduction ratio of about 1.5:1, and have been (...) (26 years ago, 10-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: dc motor blues —Fred G. Martin
   yup, here's what's going on. the motor percent argument controls the POWER, not the speed. if the motor is essentially unloaded, it will run at nearly full speed even at a low power percentage. if you build a gear train that makes the motor do some (...) (26 years ago, 10-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)