 Robotics / Handy Board / 3476
Re: handyboard and palmpilot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 02:09:26 GMT

yeah, I know what you mean... I have a TI-83 graphing calculator
(www.ti.com) and have been thinking the same thing.
Check up in your reference manual to see if it has anything on its
protocols. My TI calculator uses an easy send and recieve variables, and
also transmitts strings that you could store ahead of time.
So, basicaklly, see how it sends information and then write up code for the
HB to interpret your PalmPilots signals

Phil
phil@rent-a-nerd.com
Hello,
I was wondering whether it would be difficult to connect a handyboard with
a palmpilot (http://palm.3com.com/home.html). They both have serialports
and both can be connected to a mac or pc.
It could be interesting to be able to trigger external devices by using the
palmpilot and handyboard.
Unfortunately my technical knowledge isn´t sufficient to see if this would
be a lot of work to make it possible, or if it´s a simple programming task.
There are written terminal emulator programs and VISCA controller software
for the Palmpilot, so I see some interesting uses for it if it can also be
made to work with the handyboard.