 Robotics / Handy Board / 3341
Re: Sonar Multiplexor Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 19:39:01 GMT

To anyone on the list:

I would like to drive 3-4 transducers from a single Polaroid
sonar ranging unit.  Adam Cox posted a circuit for doing this
on the HandyBoard page -- I have a few questions regarding
this and possible alternative solutions.

Ive never done this before, but couldnt you do this?
    Buy a multiplexer that will take 2 outputs and multiplex it to 4
outputs, since you will only be driving one at a time. To each individual
output of the multiplex, wire the power to one outputting transducer and one
inputting transducer, and wire all of the recievers to the reciever portion
of the interface, and all the transmitters to the transmitter and of the
interface. Using the multiplexer, you are guaranteed that only one
multiplexing pair will be on at a time, uless you have a faulty chip.
Again, I have never worked with Polaroid sensors, but this does work with
motors, ETC

Phil