 Robotics / Handy Board / 3243
Fw: questions on IC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 22:40:12 GMT

If there is ANYONE out there who can give me just a little guidance on
these two issues, or at least the first and most important one, I would
certainly appreciate hearing from them...  an extended treatise isn't
necessary, just a short answer will do...
thanks,
-patrick
----------
From: Patrick Cutts <patrick@surfari.net>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: questions on IC
Date: Monday, February 09, 1998 10:33 PM

Hi all,
These questions are probably pretty trivial, but please bear with me, as • I
have only been using IC for 2 days:
1.  I was under the impression that the files I loaded onto my HB would
remain there when I turn it off, I mean, the pcode does, but when I load
files or functions (for example lib_hb.c) using IC, they aren't there the
next time I run IC.  Is this normal?  If so, and they get deleted when I
quit IC, what do I need to do when I want to cut the umbilical and have • my
robot roll around on its own?

2.  When I use the 'mem' command in IC, I get '<some number> of bytes on
host',  where <some number> appears to be 32K minus the size of the files • I
have loaded.  Is this how much memory is left on my HB or my PC?  If it
shows how much memory is left on my PC, is there a way to find out how • much
of the 32K is still available on the HB?

Thanks,
-patrick

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1