 Robotics / Handy Board / 3240
Re: Serial line interrupt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 13:46:17 GMT

you could write an ICB driver that accepts the incoming serial char
interrupt and buffers it up.

other than that slowing down the PC is probably the best option.

fred

In your message you said:
Hello all,

I'm currently trying to communicate between the Handy Board and a PC (i486)
using the existing serial line between the two. Sending data from the handy
Board to the PC is no problem. An interrupt handler puts all incoming serial
data into a buffer, which the main program can read from.

Sending data from the PC to the Handy Board is another story. The serial
routines on http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/rsargent/ic/serialio.html work fine • if
the PC isn't sending very fast. The current 'solution' is to put the PC in a
short loop after it has sent a character to slow it down. But that's not a ve • ry
elegant solution.

Is there a way to use the same technique on the handy Board as on the PC (usi • ng
an interrupt handler)? If so, has anyone used that approach and is willing to

share this code?

If there is a simpler way of doing things, I would also be glad to know about

it.

Jan Sipke van der Veen