 Robotics / Handy Board / 3239
3238  |  3240
Subject:
questions on IC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 06:33:25 GMT

Hi all,
These questions are probably pretty trivial, but please bear with me, as I
have only been using IC for 2 days:
1.  I was under the impression that the files I loaded onto my HB would
remain there when I turn it off, I mean, the pcode does, but when I load
files or functions (for example lib_hb.c) using IC, they aren't there the
next time I run IC.  Is this normal?  If so, and they get deleted when I
quit IC, what do I need to do when I want to cut the umbilical and have my
robot roll around on its own?

2.  When I use the 'mem' command in IC, I get '<some number> of bytes on
host',  where <some number> appears to be 32K minus the size of the files I
have loaded.  Is this how much memory is left on my HB or my PC?  If it
shows how much memory is left on my PC, is there a way to find out how much
of the 32K is still available on the HB?

Thanks,
-patrick