 Robotics / Handy Board / 3222
3221  |  3223
Subject:
analog input test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 23:25:44 GMT

Fred;

I am at the testanalogs portion of the assembly process.  All has gone
well up until this point.    The knob varies between 0 and 255 as
expected and the seven numbers all come up either 254 or 255 when I
press the START button.  However I am confused as to which headers I
should insert the 10k resistor as well as the output I receive depending
on which header pairs I use.  Are the two outer most headers the two
that are side by side at the edge of the board?  If I insert the
resistor in these the readings all stay 254 or 255.  Or are the two
outermost headers those which are separated by the in line resistor and
the other header, (i.e. the header closest to the edge and the header
closest to the plcc socket)?  When I insert the resistor in these
headers the number changes to 5 or 6 not 45.  The voltage at pins 51 and
52 check out and I seem to have continuity.

By the way, I attempted to download Pcode using hbdl and dlm using a 233
Pentium II, a 166 Pentium, and a 386 all without success.  However, I
was successful on the first try on the Pentium II using dl in a DOS
window.  Perhaps this should be recommended as the default down loader
for PC's.

Love your board;)

Pat Benoy