 Robotics / Handy Board / 3218
3217  |  3219
Subject:
Problems starting IC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 15:13:45 GMT

I'm at the phase of bringing up a handyboard till a point where I have to
start IC for the first time (chapter 6.0.5). I did succeed to download the
PCODE_HB.S19 code and the board is starting with a beep and the IC startup
message.

So, that seems to be ok, but when I start IC I get the following message:

C:\IC>ic
       Interactive C for 6811.  Version 2.851  (Jul 27 1994)

IC written by Randy Sargent and Anne Wright.  Copyright 1994.
    (uses board pcode by R. Sargent, F. Martin, and A. Wright)

This program is freeware and unsupported.  It is provided as a service to
hobbyists and educators.  Type 'about' for information about support
and obtaining newer versions of IC.

Attempting to link to board on port com1
Synchronizing with board
Pcode version 10.81 present on board
Incompatible pcode version, or pcode corrupt
Please use "dl" to reload pcode.

Does this rings any bells, I don't have any clue?

If tried this several times on a 486 and a Pentium running standalone dos 7
and a dos session under windows95 with the same result.

BTW if I download the PCODER22.S19 it is possible to start IC, perhaps this
give somebody a hint.

Thanks for any help.

Maarten Emke