 Robotics / Handy Board / 316
315  |  317
Subject:
Sonar sensitivity to 'Curtains'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 02:55:00 GMT

I gave my Polaroid Sonar the curtain test and it passed.  Someone suggested
that Sonar could not see curtains.  Not only does it see curtains, it also
sees a towel, a handkerchief, a kleenex, and, get this, a piece of free
hanging string.  My bot is programmed to turn away whenever it sees
something that is closer than 12 inches.  All the items above were hung in
it's path, and at 12 inches (+/- 1) it turned away.  Every time!  I tried it
over and over.  I just couldn't believe it myself.  This thing is fantastic.
If you don't have one, get one.

Good luck to all,

Larry

              If it works