 Robotics / Handy Board / 313
    RE: Ultrasound Range-Finding —Chuck McManis
   (...) The IR sensors on the robot I built have an effective range of about 4 feet. The "downside" of IR sensors are that they are much more difficult to scale in terms of distance. I used a PIC chip to do both illumination and error elimination and (...) (28 years ago, 15-Apr-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)