 Robotics / Handy Board / 312
Re: High current motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 21:33:06 GMT

The motor connector has three pins they are actually Motor A, V+,
Motor B. Normally they are all at V+ when the motor is "off" (the
motor is simply monitoring the difference between Motor A and
Motor B. When you "turn on" the motor either Motor A or Motor B
(depending on direction) goes to ground potential, and the motor
sees the voltage difference and runs.
On the handy board, this is different, isn't it?  I didn't think
that the center pin was V+...  In fact, isn't it not a connection at all?

Now connect the emitter of one 2N2907 to the base of Q1, connect
the emitter of the 2907 to a 180 ohm resistor and then connect
the resistor to the base input of Q4. Do the same thing with
Isn't this supposed to read, "Now connect the COLLECTOR of one
2N2907 to the base of Q1, connect the EMITTER of the 2907 to a 180 ohm
resistor..."  The way it's written just doesn't seem right.

Also, would it be possible to create a similar circuit using
non-darlington transistors, such as TIP 31 or 41's and their PNP
counterparts?  They are much more readily available to me!