 Robotics / Handy Board / 3036
    Re: Smoking serial/charger board...!!! —Keith R. Hacke
   I am having a similar problem (see notes below) - R11 is burning on the serial/charger board. My HB had been on the shelf for a month or so, and it may have been left on AND I had made the motor-power hack (I tapped the center of the battery pack to (...) (27 years ago, 28-Nov-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Smoking serial/charger board...!!! —Fred G. Martin
   Hi. This evidence pretty conclusively points to a power-ground short on your board. Here is why: * you are fairly certain it is not the RJ11 cable (the most common cause of blown R11's). * when applying charge pwr directly to the HB's charge jack, (...) (27 years ago, 1-Dec-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)