 Robotics / Handy Board / 2973
Re: bit_set and Poke
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 21:12:15 GMT

bit_set in english is "for the byte at this adress, make these bits high".
The first argument is the address (i.e. 0x0e). The second argument is the
mask which indicates which bits to make high.

bit_clear in english is "for the byte at this address, make these bits
low". The first argument is the address (i.e. 0x0e). The second argument
is the mask which indicates which bits to make low.

poke in english is "for the byte at this address, make it this"
Ths first argument is the address. The second argument is "this".

poke_word in english is "for the bytes(2) at this address and address + 1,
make it this"
Ths first argument is the address. The second argument is "this".

ericson mar
Master of Engineering Candidate
Project: Mobile Robotics
mar@cooper.edu
(212)353-4356

Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art