 Robotics / Handy Board / 2956
  Re: IR devices

Hi Jeremy! I used the shaft encoder out of a track ball for my robotic project(same thing but a bit bigger). You do not need the IC out of the mouse just take the shaft encoder and use it with a IR led and detector pair. If you are going to use the (...) (27 years ago, 10-Nov-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR devices

The IR led I assume would be the transparent one and the detector would be the black one? There are 2 leads on the transmitter and 3 on the detector, how and where should I connect it to the HB? Any diagrams available? If this works, I have about 10 (...) (27 years ago, 14-Nov-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)